Garmin Edge 205
We've all waited a long time for the the Garmin Edge 205 to arrive, and finally, the Garmin Edge GPS enabled personal trainer and bike computers entry is here. The Edge 205 is well suited for both touring and the trails. The light weight Edge is the ultimate fitness partner. With this easy to use Garmin Edge on your bike, you always know where you're going and how far you've gone. And for advanced cyclists, the more feature rich Garmin Edge 305 is available with either a heart rate monitor or a wireless speed/pedaling cadence sensor (or as options, both) to help you achieve your personal best on a bicycle.
The Edge 205 measures speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, plus much more (see below).
Garmin Edge 205 features include . . .
- Easy-to-install with no calibration required. You snap it into the included bike mount and go
- Garmin's new high-sensitivity GPS receiver knows your location, even in tree cover and canyons, making it extremely reliable for navigation
- Customizable cycle computer shows up to eight different data fields for continuous feedback
- Virtual Partner lets you "race" a virtual competitor, making training fun
- Courses lets you "race" against a recorded course to try to match previously set speeds at every point along the way
- Auto Pause pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified speed and resumes when you speed up again so you can focus on your ride
- Auto Lap automatically triggers a lap every time you pass a specified location or travel a preset distance
- Training Center software—gives you the ability to create workouts, manage and download courses, and create a detailed post-ride analysis that charts your performance
Waterproof; sleek design; the Edge is the perfect companion on any bike, and attaches to either the stem or handlebars. Its rugged case frames an easy read, large number, backlit display can show up to 8 different data fields along with altitude and a map view.
Included Training Center software gives you the ability to overlay your ride data onto a course map. It offers interactive analysis tools that measure your speed, distance, climb, and descent against varying terrain, elevation and more. Create and schedule custom workouts or use workout templates and download to the Edge.
Cyclists: get your Edge 205 from www.Bike-Run-Walk.com
Edge 205 - Garmin part number 010-00447-10
Our Price: $ 249.99 U.S.D. (for domestic US market only)
Edge 205 Features:
- GPS: High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII™ receiver
- Antenna: Built-in patch GPS antenna
- Weight: 88 g, 3.1 oz.
- Display: 1.17"W x 1.44"H, 128 x 160 pixels, 4-level grayscale LCD with backlighting
- Unit dimensions: 1.75"W x 3.7"H x .9"D (44 x 94 x 23 mm)
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standard. IEC 60529 is a European system of test specification standards for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes (An IPX8 designation is for continuous underwater use).
- Battery: Up to 12 hours (typical use); rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Track log: 13,000 track points
Package Includes . . .
- Edge 205
- Bike mount
- Training Center CD
- A/C charger
- USB PC interface cable
- Quick reference guide
- Owner's manual